Bisq is an open-source desktop application that allows users to buy and sell bitcoins in exchange for national currencies, or alternative crypto currencies.
Bisq started in early 2014 and is currently in Beta.
Bisq enables users to start trading in less than 10 minutes:
- Download the app.
- Add your accounts.
- Create new offer or take an existing one.
- Follow the user interface to finalize the trade.
Bisq is designed to be:
- Instantly accessible – no need for registration or approval from a central authority.
- Decentralized – there is no single point of failure. The system is peer-to-peer and trading can not be stopped or censored.
- Safe – Bisq doesn’t hold user funds. Decentralized arbitration system and security deposits protect traders.
- Private – no one except trading partners exchange personally identifying data. All personal data is stored locally.
- Secure – end-to-end encrypted communication routed over Tor.
- Open – every aspect of the project is transparent. The code is open source.